Marketing Communications Coordinator
The Marketing Communications (MarCom) Coordinator develops and manages marketing projects and programs that favorably position Indyme in the retail technology industry, builds awareness and interest among customers and prospective customers and increases the effectiveness of the direct sales team and worldwide resellers.
The MarCom Coordinator works closely with various stakeholders, including Sales and Product Management, to develop an integrated marketing communications plan. The MarCom Coordinator then executes this plan in a timely fashion through a combination of self-effort and by coordinating various tasks through a network of outside service providers. Developing an intimate knowledge of the company, its products, and customers is crucial to success in this position.
Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Website – definition and implementation of new and refreshed material including regular postings of blog and news items;
- Sales Support – defining, implementing, and maintaining effective high quality electronic and print marketing collateral and presentation materials including product concept sheets, case studies, white papers videos, and PowerPoint slides;
- Trade Shows – after collaborating with stakeholders to define show theme and objectives, coordinate activities related to trade show participation;
- Product Launches – drawing on input from Sales and Product Management, define, schedule, and create communication activities supporting an effective launch, which may include advertising, press releases, outreach campaigns, sales and presentation collateral, and web content;
- Lead Generation – develop outreach campaign materials which may include direct mail, email, and social media;
- Public Relations – Assist with the management and coordination of PR activities through a combination of direct efforts and collaboration with an outside agency.
- Maintain a consistent voice/tone/look through all the work.
Skills and Requirements:
- At least four years of experience in a similar role, ideally in a technology field;
- Exceptional writing and proofreading/editing skills; ability to write effective original copy;
- Ability to work under and meet tight deadlines;
- Resourceful, well organized and detail oriented. Has the ability to manage multi-faceted projects involving multiple stakeholders and resource providers;
- Strong and creative eye for design and details;
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, or similar tools;
- Experience with Social media management, Google Analytics, project management tools like basecamp, email management software preferred.
- A self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
***Submit portfolio samples with your resume***