Sales Application Engineer
Are you looking to upgrade your career at a dynamic and fast growing technology company? Indyme is the world’s leading provider of customer engagement solutions to the fun and exciting retail industry. Their Smart Response in-store communications system and cloud based data portal provide actionable insights to improve customer satisfaction, increase sales, and decrease theft. Founded in 1987, the Company has established strong partnerships with some of the world’s largest retailers. Smart Response systems are used by seven of the top ten U.S. retailers with more than 25,000 systems installed worldwide.
This dynamic and growing company is looking for a Sales Application Engineer that will help design advanced communication solutions and tailor them to each retail setting. If you’re an innovative SAE with a track record of success facilitating sales growth, this is an incredible opportunity to develop your career with an exciting, fun and rapidly expanding company.
The Sales Application Engineer is considered a technical expert on Indyme products and services and plays a critical role in delivering a diverse range of support to Indyme customers and Indyme personnel. Duties include, but are not limited to, pre-sales and post-sales technical support, in-depth technical training, configuration development, application support, installation support, integration support and problem resolution to a wide variety of customers including existing Indyme customers, Pilot customers, International Resellers and Strategic Alliance Partners. In so doing, the Sales Application Engineer will use technical skills, interpersonal skills, and knowledge of Indyme products and solutions to deliver technical support required on a timely basis and in a professional manner. The Sales Application Engineer will own and escalate issues as appropriate to ensure final resolution and customer satisfaction.
As a member of the Customer Care team, this position reports directly to the COO. In addition, this position will require the individual to work effectively across/with several key departments and staff members including:
- Sales: National Account Managers/Resellers/Pilot Manager
- Service: Customer Support Personnel
- Engineering: Software and Hardware Engineers
- Engineering: Project Management/Documentation Control
- Production: Order processing & Logistics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements from Sales and Customers to ensure system configurations are in alignment with customer applications.
- Configure hardware and software solutions, along with application parameters, consistent with the needs and requirements of customer pilot installations are large scale deployments.
- Stage, install and support Pilot customer solutions precisely and timely to validate our expertise and instill confidence in our ability to transition from Pilot to a large scale rollout.
- Provide Level-3 technical support as needed to research and resolve complex customer issues across a wide range of circumstances to ensure effective resolution and strong customer satisfaction.
- Develop and document innovative field solutions for new installation projects that can later be installed by reseller or international third party technicians.
- Proficiently and accurately utilize software tools and templates to trouble shoot and resolve technical issues.
- Coordinate and participate in various internal meeting/conference calls including Pilot Kick-off Meetings, Sales Meetings, Weekly Team meetings and Customer Conference Calls to ensure communication and alignment of initiatives, information sharing and implementation of best practices.
- Support a variety of tasks including but not limited to tradeshow and event support, customer meetings/visits and other tasks as deemed appropriate by Management.
- Manage resources and time to ensure all established department and company processes are properly followed. Create new processes and operating procedures to ensure optimal productivity.
- Provide technical training and documentation to Resellers.
- Provide technical backup support to the Customer Service Department.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and thrives in an environment that is fast paced, constantly changing and where one is required to make key decisions independently.
- Technically astute with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Keen sense of customer satisfaction and able to interact with clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Stays calm when things get exciting and is easily capable of multi-tasking, juggling priorities and balancing resources.
- Goes above and beyond the call of duty and will inspire others to do the same in order to delight the customer.
- Has a passion for technology and stays abreast of current trends within the industry.
- Ability to travel regionally, nationally and internationally to perform duties, estimated 30% travel.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or extensive industry experience.
- Five plus years of experience in customer facing positions.
- Five plus years of progressive technical and/or application support.
- Strong understanding of data networks, phone systems (VoIP/VoWiFi).
- Programming using scripting languages and databases. (Perl, Python, SQL, Windows, Linux)
- Proficient with Windows Office Suites and common troubleshooting software applications. (FTP, Telnet, SSH,)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills when interfacing with customers.