Sales Application Engineer
Are you looking to upgrade your career at a dynamic and fast growing technology company? Indyme is the world’s leading provider of customer engagement solutions to the fun and exciting retail industry. Their Smart Response in-store communications system and cloud based data portal provide actionable insights to improve customer satisfaction, increase sales, and decrease theft. Founded in 1987, the Company has established strong partnerships with some of the world’s largest retailers. Smart Response systems are used by seven of the top ten U.S. retailers with more than 25,000 systems installed worldwide.
This dynamic and growing company is looking for a Sales Application Engineer that will help design advanced communication solutions and tailor them to each retail setting. If you’re an innovative SAE with a track record of success facilitating sales growth, this is an incredible opportunity to develop your career with an exciting, fun and rapidly expanding company.
Want to work for a cutting-edge technology company in the exciting and dynamic retail industry? Then Indyme Solutions is the place for you! Indyme is the world’s leading provider of customer engagement and loss prevention solutions to the retail industry. With almost 30,000 installations worldwide, Indyme is a well-known and respected brand. Our gold-plated customer list includes some of the biggest names in retail including Target, Walmart, Mothercare, Hunkemöller, TK-Maxx, NETTO, etc. just to name a few.
We seek an ambitious and self-assured Sale Application Engineer looking to make their mark as part of our European sales team. Someone who is passionate about helping retailers deploy technology that significantly improves their customer’s experience and their operating results. If you thrive in a fast paced and action-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to build your skills and advance your career in a fun and entrepreneurial environment.
Our typical customer is a Tier I retail chain with 100 to 1,000+ stores and our typical project size is between $400k and $4M.
The Sales Application Engineer is considered a technical expert on Indyme products and services and plays a critical role in delivering a diverse range of support to Indyme customers and Indyme personnel. Duties include, but are not limited to, pre-sales and post-sales technical support, in-depth technical training, configuration development, application support, installation support, integration support and problem resolution to a wide variety of customers including existing Indyme customers, Pilot customers, International Resellers and Strategic Alliance Partners. In so doing, the IT Infrastructure Engineer will use technical skills, interpersonal skills, and knowledge of Indyme products and solutions to deliver technical support required on a timely basis and in a professional manner. The IT Infrastructure Engineer will own and escalate issues as appropriate to ensure final resolution and customer satisfaction.
As a member of the Customer Care team, this position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales & Customer care. In addition, this position will require the individual to work effectively across/with several key departments and staff members including:
- Sales: National Account Managers/Resellers/Pilot Manager
- Service: Customer Support Personnel
- Engineering: Software and Hardware Engineers
- Engineering: Project Management/Documentation Control
- Production: Order processing & Logistics
What we offer you:
- An excellent base salary with a nice bonus package
- Mentorship and coaching to become an expert in customer engagement and loss prevention solutions
- A fun and cool work environment, loads of responsibility and great colleagues
- Business/training travel to San Diego, USA and some countries in Europe
- You are not alone. You’ll work with an awesome support team including a dedicated Application Engineer, Project Coordinator and Client Success Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements from Sales and Customers to ensure system configurations are in alignment with customer applications.
- Configure Indyme hardware and software solutions, along with application parameters, consistent with the needs and requirements of customer pilot installations are large scale deployments.
- Stage, install and support Pilot customer solutions precisely and timely to validate our expertise and instill confidence in our ability to transition from Pilot to a large-scale rollout.
- Provide Level-3 technical support as needed to research and resolve complex customer issues across a wide range of circumstances to ensure effective resolution and strong customer satisfaction.
- Develop and document innovative field solutions for new installation projects that can later be installed by reseller or international third-party technicians.
- Proficiently and accurately utilize software tools and templates to trouble shoot and resolve technical issues.
- Coordinate and participate in various internal meeting/conference calls including Pilot Kick-off Meetings, Sales Meetings, Weekly Team meetings and Customer Conference Calls to ensure communication and alignment of initiatives, information sharing and implementation of best practices.
- Support a variety of tasks including but not limited to tradeshow and event support, customer meetings/visits and other tasks as deemed appropriate by Management.
- Manage resources and time to ensure all established department and company processes are properly followed. Create new processes and operating procedures to ensure optimal productivity.
- Provide technical training and documentation to European Resellers
- Provide technical backup support to the Customer Service Department.
- Install electronic systems to meet applicable standards and codes. Test and inspect systems upon completion of installation to assure quality and proper operation. Provide system information and training to the customer.
- Work closely with sales to understand customer’s needs and success criteria to design and implement a Pilot that leads to a successful roll out.
- Develops relationships with store managers, store associates and corporate representatives to ensure their needs are met or exceeded.
- Serve as subject matter expert on trial management and best practices.
- Serve as internal liaison that ensures pilot results, best practices and market feedback are leveraged in future pilots and by internal departments, including the product development team.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and thrives in an environment that is fast paced, constantly changing and where one is required to make key decisions independently.
- Technically astute with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Keen sense of customer satisfaction and able to interact with clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Stays calm when things get exciting and is easily capable of multi-tasking, juggling priorities and balancing resources.
- Goes above and beyond the call of duty and will inspire others to do the same in order to delight the customer.
- Has a passion for technology and stays abreast of current trends within the industry.
- Ability to travel regionally, nationally and internationally to perform duties, estimated 30% travel.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or extensive industry experience.
- Five plus years of experience in customer facing positions.
- Five plus years of progressive technical and/or application support.
- Strong understanding of data networks, phone systems (VoIP/VoWiFi).
- Programming using scripting languages and databases. (Perl, Python, SQL, Windows, Linux)
- Proficient with Windows Office Suites and common troubleshooting software applications. (FTP, Telnet, SSH,)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills when interfacing with customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance and depth perception.
- You need to be able to travel to store locations by car or plane.
- Movements such as stooping, kneeling, and crawling are required.
- Climbing ladders and stairs are key elements to this position.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling objects such as ladders, spools of wire, and boxes are necessary. Weights generally do not exceed 20 kg.
- Reaching overhead is a vital aspect to performing this position, with reaching in front of the body occasionally necessary. Simultaneous and repetitive movements of hands, wrists, and fingers are required.
- Audio, visual, and verbal functions are vital aspects of performing this job. Color vision is necessary in order to identify wiring color codes.
- Driving and operating other machinery and tools such as, a scissor lift, drills, meters, etc., is necessary.